Pre-referral intervention on severe preeclampsia/eclampsia patients

Wijayanti, Budi Prasetyo, D. Hanifa Erlin, Rizki Pranadyan

Research output: Contribution to journalArticlepeer-review


Objectives: To describe the pre-referral intervetion on patients with severe preeclampsia/eclampsiabefore getting referred to Dr. Soetomo Hospital Surabaya as top referral hospital in east Indonesia in 2017 Method: A retrospective descriptive observational study was performed in 2017. Data from medical records at Dr. Soetomo Hospital from January to December 2017. The subjects of this study are patients with severe preeclampsia/eclampsiawho were referred to Dr. Soetomo Hospital in 2017 included both pregnant and postpartum patients Results: There are357 patients suffered from severe preeclampsia among all obstetric 1588 patients at Dr. Soetomo Hospital. In 2017, 77 patients (21.57%) were treated conservatively while the remaining 280 patients (78.43%) were terminated directly or postpartum patients. Of the 280 patients, 258 (92.14%) were referred patients and 22 patients (7.86%) are self referred patients. More than 50% of referred patients had been givensome intervention such as O2 installation, urinary catheter insertion, and iv line administration. In this study, 151 patients (58.53%) were given MgSO4 while those according to administration were only 78.15%. The number of maternal deaths in severe preeclampsia/eclampsia patients were 18 patients and fetal complications that often occur are IUFD 29 babies and 25 babies born with IUGR Conclusion: More than 50% of severe preeclampsia/eclampsia referred patients in Dr. Soetomo Hospital had done a referral preparations but only 58.53% of referred patients given MgSO4 as a form of pre-referral intervention.

Original languageEnglish
Pages (from-to)2047-2052
Number of pages6
JournalIndian Journal of Public Health Research and Development
Issue number12
Publication statusPublished - Dec 2019
Externally publishedYes


  • Pre-referral intervention
  • Preeclampsia


Dive into the research topics of 'Pre-referral intervention on severe preeclampsia/eclampsia patients'. Together they form a unique fingerprint.

Cite this